Position Title: Registered Massage Therapist
Location: Unit 305-895 Langford Parkway, Victoria, B.C.
Duration: Full-time or Part-time
Salary or Salary Range: Competitive percent-based salary
Application deadline: July 15th 2019, or until position is filled
What makes us unique:
We are locally owned and operated. Our owner is currently practicing in the facility and is always there to help Victoria Sports Therapy practitioners succeed. We pride ourselves on having open communication and supporting our staff day and night. Our clinic is located inside of the successful and very popular Club Phoenix Gym. Because of our unique location our clientele base is vast, we also treat professional athletes, teams and many other types of clients. We are looking to have a Registered Massage Therapist join our clinic within a contractor position as we grow and expand at a rapid rate. If you are the successful candidate, you may pick your treatment times and days based on your availability and within our clinic hours.
What we offer:
- Full reception services including the use of POS machine and till.
- Office supplies, printing, etc.
- Massage table, lotions, towels and other clinical supplies.
- Benefits including free, unlimited gym membership.
- Large amount of potential clientele through our unique location and already established clientele base.
The candidate must have graduated and obtained a Massage Therapy diploma program and have full registration with the Registered Massage Therapists’ Association of British Columbia.
One-year experience working with a diverse population including athletes, post surgical clients, active older adults and experience treating and working with pregnancy clients is an asset. If the candidate is the right fit, we will consider new graduates and we encourage all candidates interested to apply.
Comprehensive knowledge of the musculoskeletal system including healing cycles and common injuries such as sprains strains and contusions.
Understands the importance of inflammation drainage and lymphatic circulation.
The Candidate must be willing to work in a team environment and be passionate about meeting the clients needs and rehabilitation goals.
Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated customer service experience.
- Maintain records of treatments given.
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients.
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques.
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue massage, relaxation techniques, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations.
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans.
- Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
- Refer clients to other types of therapists when necessary.
This is an opportunity to express what you would like to see in an RMT setting, set your own hours and work for a very open-minded clinic. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Cover Letter and Resume or drop it off at our clinic front desk located inside of Club Phoenix Fitness at 305-895 Langford Parkway, Victoria B.C. V9B 4V5